Peacefully at the Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital on Friday June 14, 2019 in his 80th year. John Rankin of Oro-Medonte, beloved husband of Marlene Rankin (nee Stanton). Loving step father of Ken Ferris of Orillia. Loved by his step grandchildren Tyler Ferris and Ted Ferris. Beloved son of the late Velma and Charlie Rankin. Dear brother of Leona (Howard) Silk, Betty (Dennis) Finan, Linda (Art predeceased) Woodrow, Charlie (Debbie) Rankin, George (Judy) Rankin, Patsy (Bill predeceased) Brown, Sandra (Val) Vivian and Barbara (Pete) Jermey. Predeceased by siblings Jim, Archie, Margaret-Anne and Howard. John will be missed by many nieces, nephews, great nieces, great nephews and many many friends. The family will receive relatives and friends at the Doolittle Chapel of Carson Funeral Homes, 54 Coldwater St. E., Orillia, (705) 326-3595 on Monday June 17, 2019 from 2-4 & 7-9 P.M. and on Tuesday June 18, 2019 from 1 P.M. until time of funeral service at 2 o’clock. Interment to follow at St. Andrew’s St. James’ Cemetery, Orillia. If desired, memorial donations to the Heart & Stroke Foundation or the Canadian Diabetes Association would be appreciated by the family.
- June 17, 2019 2:00 PM - 4:00 PML. Doolittle Chapel Directions
- June 17, 2019 7:00 PM - 9:00 PML. Doolittle Chapel Directions
- June 18, 2019 1:00 PM - 2:00 PML. Doolittle Chapel Directions
- June 18, 2019 2:00 PM - 3:00 PML. Doolittle Chapel Directions
- June 18, 2019 3:00 PM - 3:20 PMSt. Andrew's - St. James' Cemetery Directions
Send a Condolence
Thank you, your condolence will be passed on to the family.
To send another condolence, please refresh the page.