(Longtime Mason – Orillia Lodge 192, and Royal Canadian Legion Member Br. 34 Orillia, former Regional Councillor of Halton Hills, former member of the Niagara Escarpment Commission)
Passed peacefully at Soldiers Memorial Hospital in Orillia on Wednesday August 15, 2018 at the age of 83. Roy, loving husband to Marion, will be sadly missed by his children Jennifer Shaw, Kathy (Don) Greig, and Lenora Booth, by his grandchildren Kareen (John) Kaposy, Steven Booth, Daryl (Stephanie) Johnston, Warren Greig, Amanda (Johny) Bitar, and Liam Shaw, and by his great grandchildren Vinnie, Brookelynn, Tatum, Nicky, Rose, Aries, Psydon, and Quintin. Roy is predeceased by his daughter Carolyn Burns. A special thank you to all the Doctors and Nurses at Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital for their special care. The family will receive relatives and friends at the Doolittle Chapel of Carson Funeral Homes, 54 Coldwater St. E., Orillia, (705) 326-3595 on Sunday August 19, 2018 from 2 – 4 & 7 – 9 p.m. with Masonic Service at 6:45. Funeral services will be held in the chapel on Monday August 20, 2018 at 11 o’clock. Interment to follow at St. Andrews St. James Cemetery. If desired, memorial donations may be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation and would be appreciated by the family.
- August 19, 2018 2:00 PM - 4:00 PML. Doolittle Chapel Directions
- August 20, 2018 7:00 PM - 9:00 PML. Doolittle Chapel Directions
- August 20, 2018 12:00 PM - 1:00 PMCarson Reception Centre Directions
- August 20, 2018 1:30 PM - 1:45 PMSt. Andrew's - St. James' Cemetery Directions
- August 20, 2018 6:45 PM - 7:00 PML. Doolittle Chapel Directions
- August 20, 2018 11:00 PM - 12:00 AML. Doolittle Chapel Directions
Send a Condolence
Thank you, your condolence will be passed on to the family.
To send another condolence, please refresh the page.